18 January 2014

Happy Birthday, Cary Grant!


I can't believe I almost let the day go by without saying Happy Birthday to my favourite actor, Cary Grant. Born on January 18, 1904 in Horfield, Bristol, England, he was, in my opinion, the handsomest and most stylish man to ever grace the screen. Yet he wasn't just tall, dark, and good looking. He was also an excellent actor who could play serious, even menacing, in one film while doing prat falls and uttering witty one-liners in another. Just look at some of his films: TopperThe Awful Truth, Bringing Up Baby, Holiday, Gunga Din, Only Angels Have Wings, His Girl Friday, My Favourite Wife, Penny Serenade, The Philadelphia Story, Suspicion, The Talk of the Town, Mr. Lucky, Arsenic and Old Lace, None But the Lonely Heart, Notorious, Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House, To Catch a Thief, An Affair to Remember, North by Northwest, Operation Petticoat, That Touch of Mink, Charade, Father Goose. And this isn't even a complete list! So Happy Birthday, Cary Grant. To borrow some words from Cole Porter, I will always "get a kick out of you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...