21 September 2011

Divorced, Beheaded, Died


I just started a new biography of Catherine of Aragon by Giles Tremlett. It's well-written and gives a lot of insight into what court life was like especially in Spain (something I knew little about). Reading the book also reminds me that a) in most accounts that I've read Catherine is unfairly overshadowed by Anne Boleyn, b) I am so happy not to have lived during that time (can you imagine the smell?), and c) I've always wanted that Henry VIII disappearing wives mug. Have you seen it? You fill it up with a hot beverage and the wives disappear. I don't know if it works very well and God knows I don't need another mug but I've always wanted one. I imagine pouring a big cup of coffee and chanting "divorced, beheaded, died; divorced, beheaded, survived" as they disappear. Silly, I know, but very amusing nonetheless.

If you're interested, you can get one here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...