28 July 2011

Summer Shopping


Walking around New York in the summer calls for the ducking into air-conditioned shops to escape the heat. Understandably one sometimes exits said shops with a bag or two in hand. So I thought I'd share with you some new favourite things I've picked up this summer (this does not include those new favourite things purchased online while escaping the heat by not leaving ones home at all). 


Shoegasm is kind of an institution in New York with loads of cute styles at affordable prices. I was drawn to these for their vintage appearance; they look lovely with a 1930s dress. And they’re super comfy, which is always a bonus in the shoe department.


As we can all agree, one can never have too many bags. The latest addition to my collection is the Chelsea Leather Reese Satchel from Coach. In a nice walnut colour (I think of it as classic British tan), it’s a perfect size, and I adore the shape. I’ve needed a non-black bag that I can use on a daily basis and this seems to do the trick.


The last thing I need in my flat is a bulky paper shredder but moments of paranoia leave me uncomfortable tossing certain papers in the garbage. These shredding scissors from Restoration Hardware help ease my mind. They're not as efficient as a machine but they do the job in a pinch.



A new summer favourite, Tatcha blotting papers are a great way to reduce the shine on ones face without disturbing your makeup. And unlike some other blotting papers, these don't leave a powdery residue on your fingers or face. I purchased mine from Space NK.

So dear readers, what are some favourite things you have picked up this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...