30 April 2013

Spring in the Park


When I lived in Boston I was a volunteer gardener at a historic, 18th-century garden where I was responsible for the planting of the bulbs. So this time of year always finds me on the lookout for the first tulips, daffodils, and other blooms of the season. Saturday I strolled through Central Park, grinning like an idiot, at the riot of colour that greeted me. From flowers to trees to even lush green grass, the Park was absolutely gorgeous. Here are just a few of the things that I saw.



My post from last Friday is proof that I can't resist a cherry blossom tree, especially one framed by two large neighbours.

Even the Strawberry Fields memorial to John Lennon was covered in colour.




And, of course, more tulips. If only they could last forever.

All photos by Michele.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...